Construction Safety Awareness
Purple Training Solutions based in Yeovil, Somerset can offer this course at their training room in Yeovil or at your location across the South West*. This course can be taken as a Purple Training Solutions certificated course or with NPORS accreditation.
A general safety awareness course giving an overview of the following:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 – Sections 2, 3, 7, 8 & 9 – HASAW
- Construction Design & Management Regulations 2015 – CDM
- Management of Health & Safety At Work Regulations 1999
- Construction (Head) Protection Regulations 1989
- COSHH & Hazardous Substances in Construction
- Accident Prevention
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 = RIDDOR
- Electricity on Construction Sites
- Personnel Protective Equipment Regulations – PPE
- Noise on Construction Sites
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 – PUWER
- Manual Handling
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Hand arm Vibration (HAVS)
- Fire Prevention
- Health & Safety (Signs and Signals) regulations 1996
- Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 – LOLER
- First Aid at Work including regulations
This course is often used as the precursor to gaining access to a construction site.
With prior consultation the course can be tailored to your specific requirements.
Upcoming courses and cost
We offer this course throughout the year and operate a flexible diary based on demand. For details of our next course please fill out this brief enquiry form and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
YHC certificate valid for three years £75 per delegate plus VAT
NPORS certificate and photo ID card £105 per delegate plus VAT maximum 12 delegates
*A suitable room with heat light and power together with seating and tables as required. Minimum 5 delegates required to run the course.
NPORS strongly recommend that every delegate has or takes within the previous two years the CITB Health Safety & Environmental Test which will be noted on the photo ID card.
<< View All Courses <<