Gas Nailers/Cartridge Tools
Purple Training Solutions can offer this course in Yeovil or across the South West at your location*. The course is available in either Purple Training Solutions certificated or NPORS accredited format and provides basic theory and practical instruction on using these tools.
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 1998) apply to all work equipment and state the employers must provide suitable training. This course will satisfy the legal requirements under these regulations for the use of cartridge tools and gas nailers.
- Safety awareness covering the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Personnel Protective Equipment
- The Control of Vibration at Work Regulations 2005
- The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Risk Assessments
- Accident Prevention
- Hazards arising from the use of cartridge and gas/air operated tools
- Misfire drills
- Pre use checks
- Operational Use
- End of shift procedures
- Delegates will be assessed on their input during the whole course and individually tested during a practical session and a written theory test paper.
Upcoming courses and cost
We offer this course throughout the year and operate a flexible diary based on demand. For details of our next course please fill out this brief enquiry form and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Purple Training Solutions 5 year certificated course £55 plus VAT**
NPORS accredited course with photo ID & certificate £85 plus VAT
NPORS courses are for a maximum of 6 delegates
NPORS strongly recommend that every delegate has or takes within the previous two years the CITB Health Safety & Environmental Test which will be noted on the photo ID card
*A suitable room with heat light and power and an area for practical use must be available and a minimum of 4 delegates. Suitable surfaces and materials to enable practical use of the tools
**Group discounts may be available
<< View All Courses <<