Street Works NRSW
New Roads & Streetworks Act (1991) course (City & Guilds Scheme 6156)
Purple Training Solutions can provide this course using one of our select training partners approximately 2 miles from Junction 22 of the M5 motorway in Somerset.
This course is designed for operatives and supervisors involved in the excavation and reinstatement of openings in the public highway. The qualification is a legal requirement for “statutory undertakers” (i.e. utility contractors) and for those working under section 50 licences (drainage works etc.) The qualification is also often specified by client organisations and local authorities when appointing contractors for works involving excavation or reinstatement of the highway for other purposes.
The course comprises units 001 to 007 plus 009
At the end of the full course the delegate should
- Be aware of the training and assessment process for a Streetworks Operative under this City and Guilds 6156 scheme
- Be aware of the Health & Safety legislation and their obligations under this Act
- Be aware of safe working practices and methods
- Be aware of reference documentation used within the Highways Industry
- Be able to carry out Streetworks to the standards set down in the Act
- Be able to use hand and power tools for the purpose of such works, including Portable Traffic Signal Systems
- Be able to read and understand site plans for the purpose of identifying underground / overhead apparatus
- Be able to use locating equipment for the purpose of detecting underground apparatus
- Be able to set up a site to protect workers and members of the public
Each unit of competence is assessed by written work, oral questioning and practical work being observed. Some units require the delegate to produce sketches and others require risk assessments to be carried out. Therefore full comprehension of the English Language is necessary.
City & Guilds Certification leading to registration with the Street Works Qualifications Register (SWQR)
Upcoming courses and cost
Operative £595 plus VAT please add £96 for certificates and £25 for operators card
Supervisor £595 plus VAT please add £84 for certificates and £25 for supervisors card
Delegates are required to provide PPE and two passport sized photos
We offer this course throughout the year and operate a flexible diary based on demand. For details of our next course please fill out this brief enquiry form and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
<< View All Courses <<